.es is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Spain. It is administered by the Network Information Centre of Spain.
Registrations are permitted at the second level or at the third level beneath various generic second level categories. Some qualifications and restrictions apply to third-level registrations depending on which second-level domain they are within. Second-level registrations have had some limitations including requiring registrants to have a connection with Spain, but these restrictions were lifted in a multi-stage process completed by the end of 2005, at which point registrations at the second level of .es were open to anybody worldwide.
The .es domain does not have a conventional WHOIS server operating on port 43, but WHOIS queries can be made using a page on ESNIC's website.
The transfer has to be initiated through our system. The admin of the domain will receive a Form of Authorization by mail. This Form of authorization has to be confirmed by clicking a link. After a transfer, our system syncronizes the owner of the domain from the registry to our system. If possible, you can start an owner change if you want to replace the synced owner.
An Ownerchange has to be started in our system. To complete the Ownerchange, you have to finish manual steps by the registry. The procedure to change the registrant of a .ES domain is semi-automated and must be handled by both using our system and the system of the registry. To change the registrant of a .ES domain please briefly follow the steps below:
- Request the login details from your customer for the admin contact of the domain at the registry webinterface.
or, if not available
- Perform a WHOIS request at the NIC to receive the contact handle name (Identificador) of the admin contact (PERSONA DE CONTACTO ADMINISTRATIVO). The WHOIS request can be made here.
- If the password, related to the registry contact handle, for the login at the registry is not known, you can request the password from the registry. The password will be send to the email address of the current admin contact. The password can be requested here.
After you got the password, please go on with the following steps:
- Start an Update for the domain in our system stating the new owner.
- Contact our support to retrieve the NIC handles for the new owner and registrar. Those are necessary to start the registrant transfer in the web interface of the registry.
- Login at the registry with the credentials of the current admin contact here.
Once you are logged in the webinterface click on Solicitud Transmision de dominio (Domain Transfer Request).
- Enter the domain name
- Enter the new owner contact handle (Titular nuevo)
- Enter the new admin contact handle (PCA nuevo)
- Enter the captcha and press Continuar
On the next page, press Tramitacion sin DNIe Certificado ...
Enter the path to the ID / Passport copy from the current admin of the domain and press Finalizar solicitud. Please note, the file has to be a .JPG with max. 2MB and max. 600px.
The new admin contact will receive an email from the registry enabling him to confirm or cancel the transfer request after he logged in to the webinterface of the registry. If the request is approved it must be confirmed by going to the link which appears in the email. Please note, to access the confirmation form the admin contact must be logged into the NIC web interface.
- Once the transfer request has been accepted, the web interface will display the content of the request so that the information entered can be checked. Once the transfer has been confirmed a form will appear New registrant's conditions acceptance on which new contacts and DNS and other parameters can be entered. With the exception of Accredited Registrar which must be set to the name of the registrar, please do not change anything else as this may cause un-synchronicity to our system.
- After you have chosen the registrar please click Next.
- On the next page, press Tramitacion sin DNIe Certificado ...
- The request can be signed by uploading a copy of the ID card or passport from the mentioned admin.
- Once the document has been signed a screen will appear showing a summary of the request and there will be a change of status.
A Restore can be performed in our system up to 10 days after deletion.