.cn is the country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for the People's Republic of China. Domain name administration in mainland China is managed through a branch of the Ministry of Industry and Information. The registry is maintained by China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC). Entities connected to Hong Kong and Macau use .hk and .mo respectively.
Please have a look at the following SLDs sponsored not directly by the registry. These SLDs may have lower restrictions and prices.
Please send us a copy of the following documents after registration:
- Person: identification card
- Organization: certificate of registration
The file has to be in .JPG Format and its size has to be between 100K und 1MB.
The documents must be submitted within 10 days after registration request. The domain will be registered after the registry received the documents. The registry then checks the documents within 5 days. If the registry rejects the documents, the domain will be deleted. If the registry accepts the documents, you will receive a success notification after 35 days.
Before the transfer can be started, please unlock the domain for transfer by the old registrar. The transfer has to be initiated through our system. A valid Authorization Code has to be provided to initiate a transfer successfully. You may obtain the authorization code from the old registrar. After the transfer is started successfully, the old registrar has to give an acknowledge to the transfer. If the old registrar will not respond within 10 days to the transfer, the transfer will be automatically acknowledged. Normally a transfer will be completed in 10 days. After a transfer, our system syncronizes the owner of the domain from the registry to our system. If possible, you can start an owner change if you want to replace the synced owner. Please note that if a .CN domain name is registered with a direct accredited CNNIC registrar (Domestic), it can only be transferred to a gateway registrar (Foreign) with a manual procedure. Please contact our support via email and send us the domain name and the respective authorization code.
An Ownerchange may produce costs. Please refer to your pricelist. The Ownerchange can be started easily in our system. To change the owner please download and fill out the form Domain Information Modification Application Form.
- Please choose Application for Contact ID Change
- For Product Name please type the domain name
- Please fill in the requested information of the applying organization (new domain registrant) and the administrative contact
- Please leave all ID related fields blank in both columns, as well as the fields for registrar and DNS Server. Those fields will be filled out by us.
- Let the applying organization stamp and sign the document
Please scan the document and send it to our support. Besides the above mentioned form, the following documents must also be submitted to us for both parties, old and new domain registrant:
- A photocopy of a business license - meaning the official operating/registration document of the business, company or organization.
- A photocopy of the personal ID of the administrative contact. Acceptable personal IDs may include copies of a driver's license, passport, or resident card/ID.
A Restore can be performed in our system up to 30 days after deletion.